Friday, February 24, 2006

Water Babies


You can see a full-sized version of this photograph here.

My children at the swimming pool, before lessons. I was playing with the high speed setting on my camera, I think this one is 1600. I love the grain, it was a proof of concept that B&W photography would produce a pleasant noise, like film grain -- not that the character of the grain is the same, but that the noise can be a pleasent kind of noise.

I also love the joy that is obvious from their running with abandon.

4 comments:

Carlos said...

I also particularly like the lighting in this shot. It looks as though their feet are exploding out of the pool since the splashes are so bright. Maybe you could play with the color a little bit and make those splashes a little yellow/red?

shadowfax said...

A much finer grain than you would get from high speed film, though not displeasing. Interesting shot.

matt dick said...

Yes, I'm happy with my camera on a lot of levels, and it's ability to produce pleasing grainy B&W is a happily surprising aspect to it.

Josh Gentry said...

Nice picture. I love black and white.