Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Lil' D Talks Smack


This evening I came home to find that Beth and the kids had bought Little Debbie Swiss Rolls. For those of you who don't know that Swiss Rolls are, they are the Little Debbie version of the Hostess Ho Ho.

Now the Hostess Ho Ho is the real McCoy, and all other versions of the "Swiss Roll" are clearly just pretenders to the throne. But to what did my wondering eyes did appear, but a sign on the box declaring these Little Debbie forgeries to be the #1 selling Swiss Roll in the world.

Of course I expressed my outrage, and Beth proposed a Swiss Roll blind taste test. So off I went to the store to acquire the Hostess Ho Hos which would be required to crush this little 'ho and her little false Ho Hos.

So the truth of the matter is that the Little Debbie is smoother and creamier, while Hostess is deeper and richer.

Ethan and I preferred the Ho Ho, and Margot and Beth preferred the Little Debbie. It's hard to imagine how I married and fathered these crazy women.

By the way: Little Debbie on the left, Hostess on the right.

msd

3 comments:

Josh Gentry said...

Little Debbie, all the way.

Unknown said...

I told Matt I thought he would end up going Little Debbie. I guess I was wrong, but very cool little test. I'm going to go have a Ding Dong.

shadowfax said...

By the way: Little Debbie on the left, Hostess on the right.


As if that wasn't immediately obvious to the casual observer!

By the way, Little Debbies are nasty. I'll take a good all-american ho(^2) any day.